Application for Fire Department Employment
Applications are currently being accepted. To apply, click on this LINK to sign up for an account and proceed to apply for a Firefighter position. In order for your application to be accepted, you must include electronic copies of the following required documents:
- Birth Certificate or proof of citizenship
- GED or High School or College Diploma
- Driver’s License
- DD-214 for applicants with prior military experience.
- Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
- National Testing Network (NTN)
- Medical certification or license at a higher level (paramedic, nurse, etc.)
- 12 college credit hours in core curriculum courses (English, Math, Science, Communications, Speech, Journalism or Foreign Language)
- Firefighter I and Firefighter II certification through IFSAC
- Accredited Fire Academy certification (NFPA, Pro-Board, etc.)
- A minimum of two years honorable service in the US Armed Forces including National Guard.
Following the application deadline, the Fire Department will complete a review of the employment applications and the required documentation to ensure candidates meet all requirements. Within four weeks of the application deadline, candidates who are eligible to continue in the testing process will be contacted by the Fire Department. At this stage, candidates will be required to provide current, valid proof of passing the CPAT. Only a CPAT licensed by the International Association of Firefighters (IAFF) and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) will be accepted. Eligible candidates will be scheduled for the final phase of the testing process consisting of a panel interview with members of the Fire Department, and a panel interview with the Civil Service Commission.
Thank you for your interest in a career with the Fayetteville Fire Department.